Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Some excerpts from the Baha’i Writings

God's Love:
O Son of Man! Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.
from the Hidden Words of Bahá'u'lláh

Unity:
Each sees in the other the beauty of God reflected in the soul, and finding this point of similarity, they are attracted to one another in love... This love will bring the realization of true accord, the foundation of real unity.
from 'Abdu'l-Bahá in Paris Talks

Obligatory Prayer
I bear witness, O my God, that Thou hast created me to know Thee and to worship Thee. I testify, at this moment, to my powerlessness and to Thy might, to my poverty and to Thy wealth. There is none other God but Thee, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.
Bahá'u'lláh

Short Prayer for Guidance
O God, guide me, protect me, illumine the lamp of my heart and make me a brilliant star. Thou art the Mighty and the Powerful.
'Abdu'l-Bahá

0 comments: